Most of my work is delivering customized workshops for groups of financial, operational, and technical professionals in companies. The courses are customized to the types of presentations and content they create, I include dozens of makeovers of their own slides so they can see how the ideas apply to their own situations, and we have ample time to discuss issues and situations specific to their roles.
What if you are an individual who isn’t part of a group who would bring me in for a customized session? I don’t run my own public courses, so how can you access the same core of information that I share in my workshops? That’s why I have written my books and I publish my articles, newsletter, and other resources. But where do you start? I have hundreds of pages of content on my website and my books contain hundreds of pages of advice.
That’s why I have gathered my latest books, Implementation Guides, bonus video clips, and other resources into a guided self-study course. I guide you through the same core content I teach in my workshops in the same order we cover them in a typical two-day workshop.
Who should invest in this course?
- You are a business professional who is required to create PowerPoint presentations on financial, operational, or technical topics
- You want to create more effective presentations as part of your career development plan
- You aren’t part of a group in your organization that would bring me in for a customized workshop (if you are in a group of colleagues who could all benefit, read more about my customized workshops)
- You are self-motivated and have the dedication to read and apply the ideas in the course
- Your organization makes you responsible for your own career development and you want a reasonably priced option that doesn’t require missing work to attend a course
What does this course include?
- A copy of my book Present It So They Get It in PDF format
- A copy of my book Select Effective Visuals in PDF format
- All five of my Implementation Guides in PDF format
- For each section, links to articles and other resources to refer to for additional depth on that topic
- Hours of Bonus video segments from live sessions and 9 bonus video tutorials on creating visuals in PowerPoint
- Specific instructions on what to read in what order
Why would you buy this course instead of just buying my books and reading them yourself?
When I speak to professionals who are looking for individual help, I suggest my books and other resources, but they are looking for a guided approach. They don’t want to have to figure out what order to read the material or figure out what resources could give them further depth on a topic. In this course, I have done the work for you and provided that guiding path through the material. You follow the same sequence that I use in my live workshops that are highly rated by the attendees.
What do my live workshops include that this course does not include?
- I customize the content in my live workshops to the topics and types of presentations that the group creates. This course covers all topics and types of presentations, so some of these may not be relevant to your role.
- I create dozens of slide makeover examples for each live workshop. These are really the “lightbulb” moments for the participants as they see their own slides improved using the ideas I have just taught. I link to some of my generic makeovers in this course, but there won’t be an opportunity for me to review your slides.
- In my workshops I allocate a certain percentage of the time to discuss issues and answer questions the participants have about applying the ideas in their own presentations. This course does not include any discussion time with me.
- The second day of my workshops is a hands-on demonstration of the techniques for creating visuals in PowerPoint. This course provides the same Implementation Guides that I provide the participants in my workshops, but it does not include me demonstrating techniques in PowerPoint (there are links to nine tutorial videos).
Who should not buy this course?
- If you are looking for personal help on your presentation, this course does not provide any interaction with me, only printed (& some video) resources. If you want help with a specific presentation, contact one of the presentation designers listed here.
- If you want to learn design principles and high-end design of presentations, this is not the course for you. I am not a designer and focus on real-world techniques that busy professionals can use to create effective presentations in a corporate setting.
- If you want to learn how to design a fancy keynote style or TED talk style presentation, this is not the course you should buy. My focus is on internal presentations and some external presentations to focused prospects or customers. I don’t teach about large conference style speeches.
- If you are one of many colleagues in your organization who want to create more effective financial, operational, or technical presentations, you should strongly consider one of my customized workshops instead of buying this course. You will get a lot from this course, but you will get so much more from a workshop that is customized to the topics and presentations you create, has makeovers of your own slides, and has live discussion with me to answer your specific questions.
If you are ready to learn how to create more effective presentations and have the dedication to read and apply the ideas I will share, click the button below to register and start your course today.